Change double-click home to any open any app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerospace, Aug 27, 2008.

1. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Does this exist, if not someone should make it as an app.

I was reading an article on how annoying it was to look for the flashlight app when you really need it(if the lights go out and its not something you use often, having to flip pages to locate it etc). Having experience this and not using double click home for anything at the moment, it would be nice to assign it to open flashlight(or your favorite app).

Wake up in the middle of the night, electric is out, grab iphone(Its never farther than an arms length away and you know it), double click and it opens flashlight.

2. slimjim247 macrumors member

slimjim247

Isn't that why there is a backlight on it? I don't understand how you couldn't find the flashlight app? And, I don't think anyone could make that app because it messes with the system settings.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You have to be kidding...Not only is the display bright enough to use as a light, the "long time" it takes to get to the app? If you need it that often, put it on your front page. Jesus, people will bitch about anything...

4. weeman macrumors 6502

Just set your double tap settings to "phone favorites"" and double tap...TA DA! You have your flashlight.

5. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

any way to do this on a touch?