Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petsk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Is there a way to change the sender name in email accounts? I couldn't find anything in the settings menu, using an Google Apps email account.

I'd rather use my companys name and not my personal name when sending work related emails. I.e. "Company name <info@domain>" and not "My personal name <info@domain>".

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Is there a way to change the sender name in email accounts? I couldn't find anything in the settings menu, using an Google Apps email account.

I'd rather use my companys name and not my personal name when sending work related emails. I.e. "Company name <info@domain>" and not "My personal name <info@domain>".

on the phone try settings/mail,contacts,calanders/

then tap your gmail account should be above "add account"

then account info

now change Name that should change how others view how the incoming mail is from

petsk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
But the only options I have there are these:
Email
Server
Domain (empty)
Username
Password
Description (says 'exchange' here)
Use SSL

There's no option for 'name' :confused:

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
But the only options I have there are these:
Email
Server
Domain (empty)
Username
Password
Description (says 'exchange' here)
Use SSL

There's no option for 'name' :confused:

oh i dont have mine set up as an exchange account when i added my email i just clicked add acount then the gmail logo that might me why we have different menu

what about changing it on the gmail website

settings then accounts and imports then Send Mail As

petsk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
It seems to be a server side issue at google apps. Don't know why though, I do have two different name options in gmail (both company name and my personal name), but the company name is set to default = exchange should pull the company name and not my personal name.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
It seems to be a server side issue at google apps. Don't know why though, I do have two different name options in gmail (both company name and my personal name), but the company name is set to default = exchange should pull the company name and not my personal name.

agreed that does sound like a gmail server issue

flash144

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009

Don't know if this helps or not. or whether you tried it or not.

But under settings> mail, contacts, calendar if you scroll down a bit, you see an option for default email. Thats the one that sends/rcv's emails. Doesn't matter if you "tap" any email account to check or write, the one there is the one that does the checking/sending.

Hoping that is what you are looking for.

gordon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.