Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danaldinho

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Hey,

Does anyone know how to change the "Encoded with:" on iTunes to my own customized message.

This is what mine currently says:

ew2x.jpg

But when I get songs from OnSmash and open them in iTunes, they look this:

ew1s.jpg

As you can see, it says "Team OnSMASH".

I'd appreciate any help, thanks :)

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Although designed for editing movie & tv video tags, you can use MetaX and go to the Advanced Tab for the Encoded With info to change that piece of info.

Danaldinho

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Although designed for editing movie & tv video tags, you can use MetaX and go to the Advanced Tab for the Encoded With info to change that piece of info.

I've got that open now, but you can't edit .mp3 files with it :( And it's .mp3 files that I want to edit.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Open the mp3 in TextEdit?

You can see the properties on top, and then gibberish.

This works with some mp3 files, but not all. With some, it's very simple to find the encoding information and change it, but with others, it's not easy to locate in the "gibberish". Also, editing mp3 files in TextEdit is a good way to trash your mp3, if you don't know exactly what you're doing. This method also doesn't provide for batch edits. You have to edit files one at a time.

It would be much better to find an app that is suited for this purpose.

Danaldinho

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
This works with some mp3 files, but not all. With some, it's very simple to find the encoding information and change it, but with others, it's not easy to locate in the "gibberish". Also, editing mp3 files in TextEdit is a good way to trash your mp3, if you don't know exactly what you're doing. This method also doesn't provide for batch edits. You have to edit files one at a time.

It would be much better to find an app that is suited for this purpose.

Exactly.

When I used TextEdit, I kept cocking up the .mp3 file a few times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.