Change F key.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seanconn, Apr 1, 2010.

1. seanconn macrumors member

Okay, so I just bought a new MBP 15" from the refurb store. im loving it so far.

but one thing is really ticking me off, big time. There are F keys for Expose (F3) and for Dashboard (F4) but none for spaces!!

First, i don't use Dashboard at ALLLL, expose I will use sometimes... but i can just swipe down on the trackpad.

I Went into keyboard shortcuts and made Spaces pop up by pressing F3, but it requires me to press fn+F3 to bring up spaces.

There has gotttttta be a way to change this????? On my old mpb I Was so used to just pressing F12 (the only open F key to bring up spaces) but on this one, there is not one "open" F key.

I just reeeeally want to be able to press F3 and F3 only to bring up spaces, U use spaces like 20 times more than expose, and it's really bugging me pressing fn+F3 everytime, when the function of the F3 key alone can easily be accomplished by a downward swipe with all 4 hands on the keyboard.

or is there a way I can change the 4 finger swipe to bring up spaces instead!!!?!?!

If I simply have to keep pressing fn+F3 I might just live with it, but there has GOTTA be a way to get around this. RIGHT??????

please help :D :rolleyes:

2. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I would just use corners for spaces. Go to system prefs/desktop & screen saver/screen saver/hot corners.