Change Facebook Notification Sound

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mispeled, Nov 6, 2013.

1. mispeled macrumors newbie

mispeled

I've got notifications turned on for Facebook messages. The banner shows up on my home screen, and it plays a tone. The tone is quiet and short. It is the tone that plays when I am on Facebook from my computer and a message comes in as I sit there. It is too quiet and short for my taste for my iPhone 5C running iOS 7.03. I cannot find a way to customize this tone. I can find a way to change the Tweet sound. I can find a way to change the Facebook post sound. I cannot find a way to change the Facebook notification sound. Can you?

2. Rooster411 macrumors member

No sound on Facebook, except for a new message.
    No reason or explanation from Apple or Facebook.
    If I am mistaken, I hope someone shows me where I wrong and how to remedy also.
    Ughhhhh.... Waiting for a jailbreak!!

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

There is no way to change a sound for an app really, just whatever the app provides/specifies. You can perhaps try using Facebook Messenger app and see if that provides a different more audible alert.

4. fallenapple99 macrumors member

I was going to say try sounds> facebook post

But apparently that only works for when I post something successfully to FB.

5. mispeled thread starter macrumors newbie

mispeled

Tried installing Messenger, thanks for the tip. That didn't make any notification sounds at all! Guess I'm stuck with what I've got until there's another way.