Change Finder sidebar folder's icon

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by finalcut, Oct 13, 2011.

1. finalcut macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'd like to change icon in Finder sidebar. The reason is because I have a 120GB SSD and a 750GB HDD for my data. So basically, I created a Downloads, Pictures and Music folder on my 750GB HDD.

I found out how to change their icon and having the same as default icons. But when I drag them in Finder sidebar, the icon is a normal Folder icon.

Is there a way to change them in finder? Or maybe having Lion to link to my folders located in my 750GB HDD when I clic on /user/Downloads ?

Regards

2. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

This should help. It works on mine. It's nice having the colors back. Only problem is every time you restart the computer, you have to go to terminal, then type in killall finder, and then logout and re-login to get the colors back (I found a plugin but I forgot what it's called, that lets me hit commandQ on the finder to quit the finder and relaunch it without logging out)

http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/25/get-color-sidebar-icons-back-in-mac-os-x-10-7-lion-finder-windows/

3. finalcut thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks a lot for this interesting link but this is not what I meant. I need to know how to link my 750HDD/Downloads to user/Downloads so when I clic on that last folder, this is 650HDD/Downloads folder that opens.

Or, being able to have the download folder icons to be applied on my 750HDD/Downloads folder. Actually, this works but when I drag that folder in finder sidebar, the icon changes to a normal folder icon