Change Firefox to look like Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by war eagle, Sep 1, 2009.

1. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I was wondering if there was a way I could make Firefox look like Safari including changing the FireFox icon in the dock to look like Safari?

Now you may say just use Safari but Firefox has plugins that I use on a daily basis that I just cant seem to find on Safari, but Firefox just looks hmmm I dunno, I just like Safari's visuals better.

2. xDYLANx macrumors regular

xDYLANx

I use GrApple crisp theme. I also use fission(URL loading bar), combine stop/reload, and fast dial(kinda like top sites)

Makes it look like this

[​IMG]

3. ez4u2sa67 macrumors member

ez4u2sa67

To change the icon go to safari in the applications folder and right click it the press get info. A box with information about safari will come up. click the safari icon in the top left so you see a blue highlight around the icon, then press copy (cmd+c). now close that box and go get info on the firefox icon, again highlighting it like you did with the safari icon except this time press paste (cmd+v). now the icon has changed. if you want to get rid of the safari icon on firefox go to the get info box of firefox and highlight the icon then press delete on your keyboard, then you will have the original icon back