Change folder views

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DoN7B1ink, May 28, 2012.

1. DoN7B1ink macrumors newbie

Im having problems setting my folders to look how i had them on windows, on windows 7 on my music folder i had first all the folders in alphabetical order followed by mp3's in alphabetical order but cant seem to do it on my imac its either everything on alphabetical or folders first but all messed up, how can i set it up so my album folders are in alphabetical order followed by mp3's in alphabetical order?

Sorry if it sounds a little confusing, im new to mac but loving it just little things i need to do.

2. DoN7B1ink thread starter macrumors newbie

Dunno i tried a few settings and couldnt get it, will keep trying

3. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

When you're viewing the folder in Finder, go to
    View -> Arrange By -> Name (shortcut: Ctrl + Cmd + 1) to arrange alphabetically by file name.

4. leman macrumors 604

Windows shows folders on the top, Mac Finder doesn't do it. For Finder, folders are just files and thus are sorted together with files. Its just another approach, in the end its a matter of taste. To be honest, I like the way mac does it better, but I understand that it can be irritating for Windows converts.

Now: there is a hack to change the behavior, just google for 'mac finder folder first' or something.