Change Garageband Ipad App to English

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Soccer5se, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Soccer5se macrumors member

I am a Canadian living in South Korea and I would like to buy Garageband for my Ipad 2. However, I can only purchase apps from the Korean App store. I can download from the American app store, but only free apps because I do not have an American Credit Card or Canadian card anymore.

Is it possible to change the language in Garageband. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I've see a few videos online and the ones from Korea had Garageband in Korean. So again is there away way to change the language if the app I download is not in English?

Thanks

Rich

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If you have a friend in Canada ask them to buy an iTunes card and email you the number. You don't need a credit card to use the app store.

3. Soccer5se thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but it would be kind of difficult to do this every time I want to buy an English APP

But thanks for the idea

Rich

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Not really, just buy $100 worth. They even go on sale every now and then.

5. Soccer5se thread starter macrumors member

If I buy an App store card can I use it on the American or Canadian App store without a creditcard registered to my account? My current American account only allows me to download free apps.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You don't need a CC for an iTunes account. Just a mailing address in the country where the iTunes card is valid.

7. seajay96 macrumors 6502

I cringe to say this and waste your money for you...but, as long as the app page in your local store shows support for multiple languages, you should be able to change your iPad to that language and the app will change.

I've done this several times from the French store with no issues. And just changed my iPhone to one of the Asian languages and GarageBand changed as expected.

However, I would caution you that if you buy it from the Korean store and leave, you will need to maintain your account with the Korean store active in order to upgrade it in the future. For something you are likely to keep around like Garage Band, I would buy it with whichever account you consider your permanent one.