change icon and name?

Arip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ive installed boot camp and windows xp on my macbook pro

the thing is, that in my mac osx desktop, i have the partition, named Untitled, with a hd icon and i cannot change the name nor the icon

how can i change both?

thanks! :p

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
i just changed the name like i changed the name of anything else in OSX soo... yeah... as for changing the Icon,
Right click/control click ->get info -> you see the image of the icon int he upper left corner? select it so it glows ->Edit, ->Paste the icon you want to change it to.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
You can change the name under XP. But changing the icon requires pretty much diving in to hidden system folders - something not even I want to do.

bberg

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2006
partition capitals

the only problem with fat is that it just let you rename the partition/volume using capital letters.

than if you're a freak like me :p and would like to rename it to something like "Win XP" and not "WIN XP" here's a hint:

- create aliases for the partitions on your desktop
- on "finder" preferences, under "general" tab, deselect the option to show hard disks on desktop
- rename the aliases the way you want...

i also disabled showing hard disks on my finder sidebar.
but i couldn't drag my beautifully named volume aliases there.
any suggestions? :confused:

Attachments

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
If you installed using NTFS do you have to reinstall windoes to format FAT32? and after you do that will you be able to write to that system as well from mac for file transfers?