Change in 6S Plus Texture Since Launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Sep 1, 2016.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

My January iPhone 6S Plus had the haptic go out.

Therefore, I got an express replacement. It came today and in addition to the haptic being fixed, the screen doesn't have the book binding, and I got a TSMC chip, so it wasn't too much of a hassle for all I gained out of having the misfortune of the defective haptic.

Strange though, my January phone was SLICK. The back of it, the sides of it, etc.

This week 29 (June) replacement has a much more gritty feel to the entire phone, even the sim card tray.

While I rather liked the slickness of my January (and my regular 6 before it). I do think this gritty texture gives you a better grip at least psychologically.

Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it's just a wide variation between phones and aluminum suppliers or if it was a purposeful change?

Thanks!

2. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Thanks!!!

If I had to rate the difference in the feel between the two on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put it at 10. It's that different. I guess I'll see what the 7 feels like in a few weeks! :)

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Parts can vary even though Apple is pretty strict. Everyday use of your phone can make it more slick also by polishing the surfaces from friction from your hand and pocketing your device. Hard to notice until you have a new one to compare it to.