Change in right click

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mattisfrommars, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mattisfrommars macrumors newbie

I just reformatted and then updated osx and the way you right click has changed- instead of just clicking with two fingers to right click i have to hold two fingers down then click.

I hate using the button- is there a way to get the right click back to how it used to be?

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Go to the trackpad settings in the System Preferences to personalize how you want the trackpad to behave.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Go to your preferences panel, (usually an icon in your dock) then under mouse options you need to enable tap to click :)

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

All the options for just about anything related to OS X can be found in System Preferences. Click on the :apple: on the top left of the screen, click on 'System Preferences'. Then click on 'Trackpad' for trackpad usage options.

5. mattisfrommars thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I'd checked that, in system preferences the option labelled something like "tap with two fingers to right click" or something similar has gone.

The closest to it is a new one "For secondary clicks, place two fingers on the trackpad then click the button" which requires me to use the physical button rather than just clicking on the trackpad.

It's really annoying and means that when i'm using the laptop while sitting down (with it on top of my lap) i have to sit with my hand at an uncomfortable angle to get two fingers and a thumb on the trackpad and i was wondering if there's a way to get it back to how it was before i updated (presumably this new option is for the new macbooks which dont have a physical button..)

6. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

You need to tick "clicking" first. Then "For secondary clicks, place two fingers on the trackpad then click the button" will change to "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click".

7. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Early 2008 MBP here:
    If your options are the same as mine under One Finger you can set Tap to click / dragging & drag lock.
    Under Two Fingers you can select Secondary tap.

Two fingers on trackpad click isn't mentioned but works anyway.

8. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Their trackpad design is so stupid. Just make 2 buttons, it's not that hard. I love your computers Apple, but come on, style over functionality is not always best.