Change input source (language) by Caps Lock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dae, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Dae macrumors regular

Dae

I work with two languages and I would like to configure Caps Lock to toggle between them instead of default Cmd + Space. Of course it's not possible to change it in System Settings.

There's an application called Kirgudu which does the trick, but it's not as responsive as it could be, i.e. when I quickly tap Caps Lock to change the language and start typing immediately, the first letters will be be on the old language and only in the middle of the word it will switch the language to a desired one. This is bearable for me, but still annoying.

So I'm looking for a better solution. I guess it has to be something on a keyboard driver level or very close to it to process the keystroke momentarily. (Btw all the solutions I've tried back in my Windows days work even slower than this only Mac one :p)

Has anyone ever done the same? Or at least, tried?

Any ideas on how to do that? *Any* advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

I don't know whether it's feasible as I don't have a mac, but you could try MultiClutch. I came across it when I read an article about using this program to make the Magic Mouse trigger Dashboard and Exposé.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Is it possible yet?

5. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

Apparently it is, article here. There is also a way to make your Macbook middle click (here) that works with the Magic Mouse as well according to this.

6. Dae, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

Dae thread starter macrumors regular

Dae