Change iPhone Color

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StophMac24, Sep 25, 2014.

1. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

So this last weekend I was fortunate enough to grab a Silver 64GB 6+ for att via in store pickup, however, I originally wanted a Space Gray iphone. I didn't think I would care that much so I took what I could get.

It's been almost a week and now I am starting to wish my phone was space gray. Anyone had any experience swapping out phones?

An apple rep told me I would have to return my phone within 14 days and jump back in the pickup pool in hopes to get a phone. She told me they don't swap out phones.

Anyone have any experience with this?

2. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

The rep is right. If they don't have any in stock, they will have to order it and you will have to wait until it comes in to do your return. You will probably have to wait a few weeks until orders start getting caught up.

3. StophMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Ouch. Unless I luck out and get one the same day via in store pick up...

4. winterton macrumors newbie

I'm also having a change of heart on my color. I got a silver 64GB 6, but now I wish I got the space gray. I have an appointment w/ the genius bar tomorrow to look at a backlight issue I noticed with a small part of the upper right corner, and I'm hoping that maybe they'll be able to replace the phone w/ a space gray one. Are the stores not reserving some of their inventory for returns/exchanges anymore?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Just make sure you do it before times runs out.:apple:

6. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Even if they issue you a replacement, it will be the same color only.

As for the OP, your best best is to hit up CL and find someone trade or return and get in line again.

7. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

just at the Apple store near me to replace a lightning cable...

there was a long line for iPhone 6s
    they had no 6 Pluses
    they had no space grey 6s

best of luck to you. get a case and then there's just a little white top/bottom to think about.

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

The color combination I want doesn't exist, if it makes you feel better. I'd love a gold 6 with a black front.

I just am not a fan of the white face/black screen look. The all black front on the SG looks so nice.

9. StophMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Waiting for the case I want to come out. That might change it all. Really looking at the Tech21 Smokey Check Classic Case.

10. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

The only option is to return it now and buy the other color. Even later on if you get a replacement under warranty they will only give you the same color.

11. xxray macrumors 6502a

You'll actually have to return it within a week. It's 14 days from when you got it that you can make a return.