Change iTunes video type in bulk?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R.Youden, Sep 14, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I had a load of music videos and TV shows on my Mac Pro. I have now moved the library across to my mac mini and imported all the videos. Now the video kind setting has been lost so now I have to go through hundreds of videos and change it, something I am not looking forward to.

Is there a way (I think there used to be in an older version of iTunes) to carry out a bulk change?

Thanks.

2. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Anyone? Surely someone must know how to do this.

Thanks.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Is it that you are trying to get the videos onto your iPod? Is that the video setting you are looking for? If so, I had some success with highlighting several videos in the movie folder (in iTunes) and clicking on convert for iPod video and they all converted one after the other. Not at the mac right now, so can't recall all the keystrokes -- maybe it was a right click that borught up the option to convert?

4. Darth Smee macrumors newbie

Video Kind is now Media Kind in the options Tab. Had trouble finding it too.
    Did the Video Kind work in Bulk before, Because this does for sure.

It looks like now I can correctly add my CD Audiobooks to the right media kind too:cool:.

5. tcbrittt macrumors newbie

will this help?

What about this?
    This allows users to change video type and other info of batches of video in iTunes.

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=setvideokindofselected