change jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dreamingoflions, Sep 26, 2011.

1. dreamingoflions macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have a 3GS which I unlocked using redsnow 0.9.6b6 with the 8C148are ipsw.
    It is a untethered jailbreak (the one that cannot be turned of) and the phone's version is 4.2.1 and the baseband is 06.15.00

I was wondering if there is a jailbreak available now which allows me to turn the phone off? Because the jailbreak has started to constantly freeze and maps/directions are not accurate anymore.

Thank you!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You are confused with untethered and tethered. As you describe above, yours is tethered which means you have to boot it tethered with Redsn0w every time you reboot your phone.

You can re-jailbreak your phone with Greenpois0n or Redsn0w 0.9.6rc07 to make it untethered where you can turn on/off your phone any time you want.

3. dreamingoflions thread starter macrumors newbie

haha my bad! Thanks for clarifying that.

So I just download the new redsnow and a new ipsw and that's it?

Or do I have to go through the entire process of restoring the phone in itunes (or something like that, I remember right clicking and loading a restore.ipsw)?

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yes, its as easy as shift clicking in iTunes, but you'll need to create a custom .ipsw that is compatible with the iPad baseband.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Use Greenpois0n where you don't need to download firmware. Just run Greenpois0n and you will have untethered jailbreak.