Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Anyone find a way? Iv been looking for 20 min.

It may well be in the regional settings. My watch is still out for delivery, so I haven't been able to do it yet, but I want to do the reverse -- I want to use the metric system but live in the US. I especially want to see degrees Celsius in the weather app.

So for me, if I set the watch to Canada, say, I may be able to do what I want since Canada uses the metric system but mostly speaks English with Quebec as the exception. If you are in the UK or Canada, try US.

That said, I'm not sure if that kind of finesse is possible on the watch and you may need to set the region on your phone.

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
Region is set to Canada, still see miles and KG.

Ah ok sorry. Either force touch or if that doesn't work then it might be a bug. In the UK we use miles and for a long time on iOS lots of Apple apps showed distances in km instead. That was a bug/oversight, and it took them a long time to fix it.

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
It turns out that the weather app on the watch mirrors the C/F setting on the weather app on the phone; I set it to C.

I have not figured out how to set the units used by the workout app to km.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.