Change location for Mac so I can watch Lovefilm? Please help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Freida, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Freida macrumors 65816

Hello guys,

I tried to use hidemyass service but couldn't find UK address to use.

Basically, I have membership with lovefilm which I pay with my UK card. However, I am currently based outside UK and would still like to watch movies but my "location" doesn't allow me. I've tried Lovefilm here in germany but they only have everything in german which is useless to me as my german is very basic.
    Could you please advice me how to setup my mac so I can watch lovefilm outside UK (which I am paying for anyway)?
    Thank you very much.

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

Do you have access to a Broadband connection in the UK? You could run your own proxy with a basic Linux PC.

Why did the proxy service you tried fail?

3. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

Not really :(

Well, hidemyass didn't have any UK connections which was weird as I could try USA or any other countries but for some reason UK ones were missing.

----------

now this is strange. I have found UK address and got it working. When I go to location of my IP it shows me UK so I think " yeah"
    I go to Lovefilm and when i hit play it tells me that its not available in my location. How is that even possible? :(

----------

Another thing I have tested. BBC iPlayer works fine with this but the Lovefilm still doesn't for some reason. Would anyone have an idea why not?