Change lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nielsn36, Jul 10, 2014.

1. nielsn36 macrumors newbie

Hi

I understand that one may not programmatically change the wallpaper on the lock screen.
    But is it possible to programmatically select a picture in the gallery and take the user directly to the page where the user may confirm that he wants to set the selected picture as wallpaper for both lock screen and standard screen?
    Ideally the user should have only 1 click to confirm the change of wallpaper.

Thanks in advance for any insights / ideas or solutions ;-)

N.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you're in photos, just click the share sheet, Use as Wallpaper, Hit "Set", and select if you want it as the homescreen, lock screen, or both.

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

No, I think OP means that he wants to program an app, in which the user can select a photo, and then brings up a screen to change the wallpaper while still in the app. In most apps, the user saves a picture and then sets the wallpaper manually later on.

4. nielsn36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi

This is almost what I would like to do but i want to do this PROGRAMMATICALLY (via an app) so that the user only have to make one final click to confirm. I want to save few clicks to the user.

A side question is: is there a way to have my app running in background be notified when the lock screen is to be changed (by the user and/or another app)?

thx

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No 3rd party app can change your wallpaper, it can only be done using the Settings app or Photos app. You can only save a photo to your Camera Roll and then set it as a wallpaper.