Change/Mod Leopard's interface

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CristobalHuet, May 8, 2008.

1. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Hey all, I'm really not sure if this was posted before, but is there a thread/place dedicated to modding the look of OS X, like the Dock/menubar etc.?

I haven't seen one yet. :)

2. CristobalHuet thread starter macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

3. bart rijksen macrumors regular

did you try looking on google? there are some apps for changing the dock look.

4. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

While this will probably be no help: You should really leave those things alone. It can cause no end of trouble for your system.

5. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

I wish they would have made OSX a bit more customizable. It is quite customizable, actually, but you gotta know how the OS works technically. Terminal knowledge helps.

6. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

If you want themes then it's a little bit complicated, but for simple stuff like changing the dock, you can do that yourself. Check out:
    Dockulicious or Leopard Docks.

Candybar3 has a great system for managing/changing different docks, but that is paid software.

For themes, check out Interface Lift. It's really not that hard.

7. daninn macrumors newbie

Leopard...

If you wanna change the look for leopard...the best software for changing docks and icons id Candy Bar...but you have to pay. Changing the dock, is really easy with "Dock Changer", a free application that works fine. Don't waste your time, trying the themes from interfecelift.com, cause they are all for tiger, and can be applied with shape shifter (amazing applications), but this one doesn't worg on leopard. Believe me i tried anything to change the look of Leopard with themes that i have searched on google, interfacelift, deviant..etc..So i'm using now Dock Changer, Candy Bar..and that's all. We're waiting for the guys from unsanity to release the Leopard version of "Shapeshifter"

8. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Changing the theme is hard as bawls for noobs. I have modded the menubar on mine to resemble Tiger which wasnt incredibly hard, but doing things like changing the Close/Min/Zoom buttons is rather difficult.

Heres me showing of my sweet menubar (and other various mods. If you like the 'about this mac' window good "hud mod"):
    [​IMG]
    pardon the crappiness of it. Photobucket sucks at resizing pics.