Change music in Front Row Photo Slide Show?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by danb77, Nov 2, 2007.

1. danb77 macrumors 6502

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

3. illicium macrumors regular

Yeah I'd really like to know too. It's weird that even on the iPod you can select the song you want to play for slideshows.

4. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I have a work-around. If you want to pick out different music everytime, maybe this isn't for you. But if the theme song annoys you, this will change it to something better.

Go to:
    Applications>iPhoto(right-click, Show Package Contents)>Contents>Resources>Music

The file that Front Row is pointed to is 'Minuet in G.mp3' (unless you pointed it to a different sample song- if you did you can use that one or switch back to 'Minuet in G') You can simply move that file somewhere else (to keep it safe). Then take any song you like (as long as it is an mp3 file)...and rename it 'Minuet in G.mp3', and put it into the 'Music' folder. If it's a .m4a file you have, just choose one of the files in the 'Music' folder that has an .m4a extension instead. Viola.

5. Tannerozzy macrumors regular

Tannerozzy

6. TK007b macrumors newbie

There is a simpler solution,

From iPhoto, slideshow settings (looks like a PLAY sign/graphic) and then the music TAB you can choose what you like but it still does not get around my inital problem.

Hopefully, an Apple system update will cure it

Thanks

TK

7. Indir macrumors newbie

That's awesome.. Thanks for posting that information. I didn't know that it works like that. Since I read it here, it become really easy with changing the mucsic in the front row of the photo slide show. Thanks for the heads up.