Change my itunes account to another country

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jinchuriki, Feb 5, 2010.

1. jinchuriki macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Newbie here, needs help.

Can any of you experts out there teach me how to change my itunes account to another country?

I register the account under the country of Malaysia, unfortunately there are applications that were not available to me because of that. Friends told me that I can change it easily in the profile section but it is not (or maybe I dont know how). It will verify my credit card info and say something like "Credit card invalid in that country" or something like that.

Apps I really want to use:

- WhatsApp
    - Yahoo Finance (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-finance/id328412701?mt=8)

Thanks guys.

2. philstone macrumors 6502

You have to have a billing address with valid card in the country you want to register...

3. ramases macrumors member

Or you need to get an itunes gift card in the currency of the country you require. Then you can set up an account providing you can find a valid address for that country, i.e 'live in a hotel' ;)

I have both a US and UK account.

4. jinchuriki thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi ramases,

Could you kindly elaborate a little bit more about the itunes gift card ?

5. ramases macrumors member

If you have a friend or colleague who is say travelling to the US you can get them to buy you an itunes gift card. You can then look up an address in the US , like a hotel, so you have the street name, zip and telephone number. Then create a new itunes account, entering the address etc that you have obtained and at the point where it asks you for a credit card, you can click on redeem. Then you can enter the itunes card number and your account is credited with the value and off you go. You can get cards off e-bay, but choose the seller wisely as there have been instances of people buying gift cards with stolen credit cards and selling on e-bay.

6. leemurrayking macrumors newbie

leemurrayking

How does this affect sync with itunes,
    so lets say.
    you live in UK (iphone/ipod uk version)
    get US itunes account wih gift card, download apps/songs.
    can you then plug in iphone/ipod and sync without loosing anything????

7. ramases macrumors member

Syncing works fine. The only thing you need to be aware of is that if you have apps bought from different stores, you need to log on to each one to update the apps. eg. if you are logged on to the UK store you update your apps, and then switch accounts and then update US apps.