Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
how would I go about changing my name on the watch? If I ask Siri something it'll say sorry I don't know the answer to that MacBook

For some reason it's telling me my name is macbook

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
how would I go about changing my name on the watch? If I ask Siri something it'll say sorry I don't know the answer to that MacBook

For some reason it's telling me my name is macbook

Using your phone, activate Siri and tell it to call you your name. Also, double check your own contact info.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You can also tell Siri to use any name you like when referring to "you". It doesn't have to be your name, either.
I suggest that if you do that, you should choose a name that is OK for you to hear Siri say in public.

If you want to find out your own info - Siri knows, so ask her!
Exp.
Ask Siri to "Say my name". She will tell you.
If you don't want THAT name, then ask Siri to use a different name "Call me Batman"

(other questions...)
Where do I live?
What is my phone number?

You can also go to your Contacts, and see what is saved there for your own info. Sometimes you may be surprised what might be stored there. You can edit any wrong info

And, changing your own contact info on your iPhone would be synced to your watch, too.

Reactions: ladytonya

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Go into settings>general > Siri and it's at the bottom. You can also put yourself as a contact in your contacts just like you would anyone else

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
You can also tell Siri to use any name you like when referring to "you". It doesn't have to be your name, either.
I suggest that if you do that, you should choose a name that is OK for you to hear Siri say in public.

If you want to find out your own info - Siri knows, so ask her!
Exp.
Ask Siri to "Say my name". She will tell you.
If you don't want THAT name, then ask Siri to use a different name "Call me Batman"

(other questions...)
Where do I live?
What is my phone number?

You can also go to your Contacts, and see what is saved there for your own info. Sometimes you may be surprised what might be stored there. You can edit any wrong info

And, changing your own contact info on your iPhone would be synced to your watch, too.

Go into settings>general > Siri and it's at the bottom. You can also put yourself as a contact in your contacts just like you would anyone else

Thank you guys for all of the information. I rally appreciate the help! got it all sorted out!

coldsweat

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Don't forget you can also tell Siri who other people are eg.

Jane Jones is my Wife

Tom Stewart is my Brother

Then you can make a call by saying something like 'Hey Siri call my wife at home'

Reactions: ladytonya

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
maybe it's the wine but this made me laugh. At least she didn't call you Macbook(1) :p
Haha, I was so lost when it told me my name was MacBook
Don't forget you can also tell Siri who other people are eg.

Jane Jones is my Wife

Tom Stewart is my Brother

Then you can make a call by saying something like 'Hey Siri call my wife at home'
I didn't know this either. Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.