Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stratguy22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Hi guy's , I have searched quite a bit and I've read many different answers so I'm beginning to doubt if any are actually doable and if it is there is no easy answer.

I have an antique Mac G4 PPC Dual 1.25 with 2 gb of ram and I have updated all of my hard drives internally as well as externally to SATA/ESATA and one usb 2 smaller drive so that leaves me with one small (160 gb ATA for OS 10.4.11 and along with another partition with OS 9 on it along with all of my apps on it.

Well it is getting smaller everyday so I am wanting to move my OS 10.4.11 with all of the apps included to a 1 TB internal or even external 1 TB or 500 gb USB just any one that would work the best if any????
I'm sure the logical move would be moving the OS along with all apps and other contents to the internal 1 TB SATA drive but I just can't find a believable way to do this without turning my Mac PPC into a boat anchor :)

While not being the sharpest knife in the drawer I'm sharp enough to realize that it might be very hard job to make a complete move of everything to a new drive if it is possible at all.

So after reading a lot of posts that don't really seem the right way to do it does anyone have a good way to do it or is it impossible?

I will even be happy to keep the OS right there on the old 160 ATA drive and move all my apps to another drive just to give my OS plenty of room to breathe. I should mention that I am running out of room on that drive! thanks for any help

stratguy22

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.