Change name when resuming from sleep?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by puma1552, Oct 11, 2010.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I want to change the displayed name on my computer in the name/password box that pops up when the computer returns from sleep.

I've already set the home folder name to what I want, and in system preferences-->accounts--Full Name, I've already set that to what I want as well. Also I've set the Computer's Name to what I want as well.

Can't figure out where else to change a name; I thought for sure setting the full name under the user account pane in sys preferences would do the trick but I'm still getting a different name when resuming from sleep and entering my password.

TIA.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

It's fairly complicated to do, but you can read up on the instructions on the Apple website if you want to give it a go. :)

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks dude, but the short name is actually OK (home folder name).

I remember when I set up the new computer, that it asked me to put in a full name and a short name. I put my actual full name in for the full name, instead of just my first name; after I did it, remembering back, I remember that I always used to put just my first name in for both fields.

I thought no biggie, just go into Sys Pref-->Accounts-->Password-->Full Name and change the full name, so I did change that full name to my first name only, and it keeps that setting, but still when I wake from sleep my full name appears in the name/password box.:confused:

EDIT: Got it--a simple restart took care of it. :)