iPhone Change native apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PatrickW98, Mar 16, 2013.

1. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.2. How can I change native apps such as weather and eMail?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

do you mean change app icons? have you heard of winterboard?

3. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

If you're talking about changing what apps are the default apps then there is a tweak called BrowserChooser that will let you change your default browser. If you have Sparrow, there is an app called Sparrow+ that will let you select it as the default app. Other than that I don't think that there are any tweaks that let you change other default applications.

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

BiteSMS allows you to change the icon to appear as if it is the message stock app and then also allows you on a respring to delete (hide) the stock message app so you can then replace it with the BiteSMS app.

5. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Yeah, I forgot about BiteSMS being able to completely replace the messages app. I should have remembered that. I have BiteSMS set up in exactly that manner.

6. beaugold macrumors newbie

There is a way to redirect apps such that for example the stock Mail icon opens another app. The jailbreak tweak is called openother.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Doesn't this only work on a single app at a time?

8. PatrickW98 thread starter macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

I am looking to change the default weather app to Haze and the default mail app to Mailbox.

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I think just the free version is one app at a time but if you purchase the full version you can do more. I could be wrong but I think that's how it works.

10. chadomaly Guest

Change native apps?

I'd like to have mail links trigger mailbox instead of mail.app also. I was surprised that the hype didnt prompt someone to make a default switcher for mailbox like there are for browsers and such.