Change notifications/preferences on Apps that don't appear in Settings?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kuebby, Feb 8, 2011.

1. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Ok, so there's 2 apps in particular that I'm having a problem with their behavior but I can't figure out a way to change them.

First is the Huffington Post app. I guess the first time I opened it I said yes to allowing it to use my location but when the app is open the location services is constantly on (arrow in top bar), even if I press the top sleep button on my phone when the app is open the arrow stays in the top bar, which I don't like because I'm sure it wastes battery and it seems like a privacy issue as well.

Second is the ELMS Mobile app for my university. It's based on Blackboard (which I'm sure you've heard of if you go to college/university). My problem is that under each class you can find 'Class Documents' but when you open the folder it marks all the documents as unread and displays a red badge on the icon, which is really annoying since I don't need to read every document, it doesn't live update so it's not even helpful, and they're all pdfs so it's a pain to even open every one so it goes away.

Any help with this?

2. JohnsiPhone macrumors newbie

it should be under settings on the main menu of the iPhone or inside of the specific app. Worst case scenario delete the app and then re install it.