Change order from finance to upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rtr, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Rtr macrumors newbie

I preordered a 7+ and chose the finance option thinking it was same as upgrade but you could buy upgrade with or without apple care. I want to keep my order so I get the phone reasonably soon (october) but want to change to the upgrade program. Apple says they can't do this, so does Citizen's Bank. Apple says I can cancel and reorder but lose my place in line. So other suggestions? What if I get the phone, take it to Apple Store new wrapped in the box and tell them I want to turn it in for a refund and then ask them to sell it back to me as an iPhone upgrade program transaction?

2. BD1 macrumors 6502

I was told by apple support I could do something similar. I ordered a full price iPhone 7+ that gets delivered tomorrow. I want to put it on another line on my account that is next upgradable to take advantage of the $650 ATT trade-in promotion. Apple support said I can take it to an apple store where they will do a refund on the original purchase then let me buy it on my other like with the next plan.

I will find out tomorrow.....

If anyone else has done something similar at the apple store, I would like to hear about it.