Change Order from Glossy to Anti-Glare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Whitelightning, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Whitelightning, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011

Whitelightning macrumors regular

Is it possible after placing an order to request to change to Anti-Glare and have them charge the extra amount on your card?

After reading so many anti-glare positives... I'm having second thoughts on the glossy as it appears practically no one has the glossy with the high end mbp. Out of the people who say glossy is fine, appear to be referring to the pre-glass mbp's... and reading some that received their glossy's send back to anti-glare... enhhhh

Of course unless there are those that feel its really not as reflective as others make it out to be when using it indoors, which I will be using most of the time doing coding and photoshop cs5... can leave it alone.

I definitely LOVE the black bezel and it really does make it look so much more of value, but if usability is really impacted even when using it indoors (which is the large majority of my time with the computer)... then I will definitely reconsider.

I do not work outside whatsoever, if I do, it would be very rare, so 99% of the time would be indoors. But if I can see severe reflections all over the place much more than the macbook air's semigloss... may be bothersome...

I personally love the Macbook Air display, it is better than any display I've seen so far. I wish there was some direct comparison of the Macbook Air 2010 display with the Anti-Glare macbook pro. If the Anti-glare macbook pro has a display that looks better than that if not equivalent to the Macbook Air.... I would be more content.

2. laser71 macrumors regular

If your order status is not 'prepared for shipment', then yes. But call them as soon as you can. I did it to mine and it was fine

3. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

I'll be going glossy on my 15" higher-end. The grey-on-grey for anti-glare is ugly, IMO. Just throwing that out there.

:p

4. laser71 macrumors regular

Agreed, although I went with anti-glare because I want to be able to actually use my computer in the vicinity of sunlight or other ambient lights ;)

But yeah, black looks better IMO.

5. Affirmed macrumors member

The black bezel and glass are definitely a nicer looking design.

I was tempted by the nice black glass as well, but if you need this machine for work as I do, you have to go anti-glare. I need accurate blacks and I work outside enough that I can't deal with glare. It's rather extreme.

6. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

No problem, I'm nocturnal anyway. :D

7. jimithing macrumors member

i dunno i have a 13" mbp and a 11" air and truthfully i kinda like the silver better than the black. i mean it is WAY more uniform. how can you say you love the silver aluminum of a macbook pro and then want shiny black around your screen? that is kinda weird in MY opinion haha... it is kinda strange I mean the macbook air isnt "matte anti glare" and it uses a silver bezel... and since the air is the way of the future according to stevey i would be willing to bet the redesign will have silver or "liquid metal color" bezel... cuts down on weight too

8. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

The direct contrast with the screen makes it stand out more, I guess.

9. archmc macrumors newbie

I just brought my new top-end 15" MBP with glossy, really love it. Glossy's color is better than anti-glare and I am really not a big fan for the gray bezel for anti-glare.