change order of joining networks automatically

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by FHayek, Nov 9, 2012.

1. FHayek macrumors member

We have two networks in our house. One is an airport express used to connect iTunes to our home stereo system, called Home Stereo, the other ATT123 which connects us to cyberspace.

When I enter our house or turn my iPhone on, it automatically joins the Home Stereo network. I'd like it to join the ATT network automatically. I know I can change the preferred join order on my MBA, but what about my iPhone?

FH

2. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

There is no way to tell the iPhone what order to connect to wifi connections, but if you are connecting to the network that you do not want to then in the wifi settings of the phone click on the network that u do not want a connection to and press the blue icon and then "forget this network" now it will only connect to the network that you want.

3. FHayek thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. If I tell my phone to forget a particular network, will i have to enter the network password to re-join it at a later time?

Again, thanks.

FH

4. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

If you use the forget this network option then the next time you want to connect to it you will have to put the password in again yes.

5. sohaloh macrumors regular

I have two wireless networks in my house. I find that when I put my phone to sleep the wifi sleeps after around 10-30 seconds. It reconnects to the closest access point when I wake it. So its never been an issue for me.

6. FHayek thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, my phone always grabs the Home Stereo network, regardless of my local. Perhaps it use a stronger signal.

fH

7. waw74 macrumors 68030

why not have the airport express join the other wireless network, then it won't be an issue.

the express can join the wireless network from any base station.
    (if you want to extend, the base needs to be from apple)

8. FHayek thread starter macrumors member

I would have never thought of this as it's beyond my limited understanding.

Can you outline the process or direct me to a link?

Thanks.