Change OS language?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Namepicker, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Namepicker macrumors newbie

Hello! I'm new to Macs and these forums so I'm sorry if this is a trivial question, but please help me, if at all possible.

I really want a Macbook Air, but have one doubt about it. I currently live in Portugal and, naturally, Apple.com forces me to use the Portuguese version of their online store to make the order. Apart from the fact that the price in Euros is the same as the price in US Dollars (no rate adjustment, which is a scam), everything is in Portuguese.

I am now worried that if I order it online, the OS itself will be in Portuguese which I don't want. Could someone please clarify whether it's possible to change the language of the operating system to English? Or it's tied to the country I bought it in?

Because I bought my current laptop in Russia (Windows 7) and the OS won't let me change anything back to English. So it's only Russian for me. Thus it's an actual problem. I hope Macs don't have that. Could someone please confirm or deny this :)

Thank you!

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You don't even have to do that; on first boot it'll ask you to select your preferred language.