Change Photostream download folder

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by qtrim, Dec 4, 2011.

1. qtrim macrumors regular

qtrim

On Mac/Lion, is there a way to have the Photostream pictures go into a regular folder and not iPhoto by default?

2. estockme macrumors regular

no.

personally i think this is stupid because i already paid to upgrade to lion for icloud and my comp runs slower for it, yet they want more for me to access my photo stream in a program i don't use.

imo it is a big leap they are asking people to take to completely turn over their photo library to a program that doesn't give access to individual files... i realize that is part of the apple aesthetic but at least having the option of a dropbox-style folder or the ability to sync/select/delete via itunes would be nice- i'm terrified of building up so many pictures that they become a tangled mess, so I basically don't take them.

on the other hand, maybe that is the point of photostream. for now i'm not shelling out any more money to use a feature that should have been built into the two operating systems i just paid for.

wah wah wah

3. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

you do know that iPhoto comes bundled with any mac you buy, so you should already have iPhoto anyway.

you can access the individual photos (on a mac). just manually browse the iphoto library file and you can see each individual photo file.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Is it really fair to use the phrase "doesn't give access" to mean "you have to select a menu item?"

So why are you not using Image Capture?