Change pixel ratio of live video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by activate, Mar 2, 2012.

1. activate macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I have search high and low to make this happen and now I am not sure if it is possible.

Eye tv software make available a few different aspect ratios. The one that i want is 2.35:1 to or thereabouts. This is one that they do not have.

I am trying to find a way to force this to happen.

Basically my 16:9 tv is filled with the 16:9 aspect ratio but what I want is the black bars. I want to shrink the vertical aspect (not crop) so that the image is smaller but i do not loose any of it. (Something that xbmc can do for example) I understand that this distorts the image but it allows me to use the the black bars on the desktop to display other things.

I have also switch res for mac but am not sure how to use it to make this happen. I tried writing apple scripts but this just resized the window but the image within it didn't change.

If anyone has any idea or suggetions it would be great.

Setup:

Mac mini 2011 server
    Eyetv 3.5.4
    Plasma 720p tv

2. simsaladimbamba

Can VLC Player help? You can change the aspect ratio via the "A" key:
    [​IMG]

3. activate thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks mate, I gave it a shot. It is very unstable. Also, not sure if I can use it with a remote ie. to change channels and so on.

I tried their latest 2.0 release

4. activate thread starter macrumors regular

Can you or someone please explain how do I setup eyetv with vlc so that I can change channels through vlc, preferably with the apple remote.

Vlc is running with the eyetv plugin on the same machine as the eyetv.

Thanks again"