Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsbetteronamac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2003
Ok, so I just purchased I powerbook 15' yesterday... and I love it. But, I noticed that when I change power settings (via menu bar) my screen "warps" until I press a key or click the mouse. I don't mind it because it's only for a second... but i was wondering if this happend to anyone else?

macux

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2005
What do you mean "warps"

itsbetteronamac said:
Ok, so I just purchased I powerbook 15' yesterday... and I love it. But, I noticed that when I change power settings (via menu bar) my screen "warps" until I press a key or click the mouse. I don't mind it because it's only for a second... but i was wondering if this happend to anyone else?

My 17" pb had an issue where the screen shifted pixels with some horizontal lines when I inserted or removed the power cable (this changes the power settings automatically). Applecare had me send it in for a logic board replacement.

itsbetteronamac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2003
macux said:
My 17" pb had an issue where the screen shifted pixels with some horizontal lines when I inserted or removed the power cable (this changes the power settings automatically). Applecare had me send it in for a logic board replacement.

Yeah... that's what mine does. But, when I remove the powercord, it's fine. And my powersettings are dramatically different when using battery compared to a/c power. So do you think that I should call apple care or go to the apple store and have them check it out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.