Change preferences on screen shot anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Apr 8, 2007.

1. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I would like to know if there's any way to change preferences on taking screen shots, specifically in order to manipulate the resulting file size. For example, this website's limit on attached files is 241KB, but when I use Command-Shift-3, I get a filesize of at least 244KB. Does anyone know of a way to shave off the extra KB?

Lastly, I've seen some screenshots that also have a reflection. This looks awesome, and I would like to now how to do the same. I will be eternally grateful for any information on how to accomplish this.

Mahalo in advance,

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I take the screenshot, open in preview, so to file save as, change the format of the picture to Jpeg and then adjust the quality to medium, that should have a few kbs!

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

If you're a QuickSilver user, I recommend the Image Manipulation plug-in. Makes manipulating images as easy as can be. There was a great TAB screencast on it recently.

If you're not, Preview and ImageConverter will do that too, I think.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

Thanks for the quick replies; mad jew, thanks for the link. Actually, that's what I used before, but had forgotten the URL. I'll try some of the other methods as well.

Mahalo again,

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict