Change Processing Order?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baargeld, Jun 16, 2012.

1. baargeld macrumors newbie

Hi,

i just ordered a base RMBP last week after the keynote.
    Didnt know about the RAM not being upgradable at that moment and would like to change to 16GB.
    Does the Apple Store normally allow to change orders while they are still processing without delay or is it just going to get cancelled and placing a new order, meaning waiting time of 3-4 weeks?

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It depends on how far along they are in the order fulfillment process. Just call them and ask.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

They definitely are going to have to cancel it, because you are changing your order from a retail base model to a BTO. Call them and see if they can push your shipment earlier, unlikely but no harm in trying.

4. bryne macrumors member

bryne

Changing your order will definitely push you to the back of the line.

5. Callumbear845 macrumors member

I upgraded my order from the base model to 16GB of RAM. They made me cancel the order and reorder. It pushed my delivery date from July 6 to July 16. :(
    But I am very happy to be getting 16GB. I plan on keeping this computer for 4 years, so I figured that it would be smart, especially with photoshop and aperture that I use.

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Yeah, if you plan on keeping it for a while 16GB is definitely worth it. It's worth waiting an extra week for a computer that will last years. That's why I ordered online rather than waiting for them to be in-stock at the stores here.

7. leenak macrumors 68020

You can try calling and ask but most likely, you'll be sent to the bak of the line. If it is what you want though, now is the time to do it.