Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I am a very nostalgic person. Is there any way I could change the name of the processor in About This Mac and System Profiler? I want the change the Core Duo name to a PowerPC processor name. I want to "feel" like I have a PowerPC Mac.

Edit: Sorry if this is an odd thread.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
afaik, no there is no way, and even trying to chance, even successfully changing it might have negative effects

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I am not selling my MacBook. I am doing this just for fun.

Honest, I'm not trying to shoplift, I'm just doing it for fun.

No one's accusing you but doing so CAN be used as a scam to sell. I mean, we don't know "YOU" so you can say whatever you want and still try to sell it as a faster processor.

Again, I doubt anyone is accusing you of anything, but going on an internet posters word that "doing it just for fun" is about as trustworthy as a used car salesman.

Of course anyone who knows about selling or for that matter buying Macs can find the actual processor with a few clicks and those fields you can't edit.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Honest, I'm not trying to shoplift, I'm just doing it for fun.

No one's accusing you but doing so CAN be used as a scam to sell. I mean, we don't know "YOU" so you can say whatever you want and still try to sell it as a faster processor.

Again, I doubt anyone is accusing you of anything, but going on an internet posters word that "doing it just for fun" is about as trustworthy as a used car salesman.

Of course anyone who knows about selling or for that matter buying Macs can find the actual processor with a few clicks and those fields you can't edit.

How annoying, so many picky, "accusing others" and arrogant people on MacRumors. It's mostly Americans I guess that are like this. :rolleyes:
Mods, close this thread now because the question has been answered and nothing else needs to be said in this thread.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.