Change Safari's top hits?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Savage, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

Recently, my history was accidentally cleared in Safari. Probably not a big deal to you guys, but I never clear my history, so it was kind of a bummer.

The problem is, I can't seem to get Google to be my top hit when I type the letter "g" into the URL bar. Same thing goes with Facebook. My top hit for "g" is a forum that I don't visit much, my top hit for "go" is godaddy.com AND my top hit for "goo" is gooo.com that I accidentally entered... once. This is super annoying as I am so used to hitting command+T -> "g" -> enter, extremely fast, to get to Google.

Without clearing my history again, can this be fixed?

2. Frosties, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Have you tried to add google to topsites? Click edit in the lower left corner at top sites for it. Or just drag the offending gooo.something site away? You can also pin google or some other site to stay permanent.

You already have a service command for search with google as standard. Could also be a thing for you.

3. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

My top sites list is relatively accurate. Google is the first one and gooo.com isn't even on there. It's the top hits in the URL bar that are all messed up.

4. Bermudapilot macrumors newbie

Did you find the answer?

Savage,
    were you able to find the answer to this problem, cause I have had the same one for a while and it's bloody annoying.