Change Screen Resolution?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Hikarikaze, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Hikarikaze macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently bought a 32" HDTV and connected my Macbook Pro to it via mini displayport>VGA.. Now the problem is that i cant fully utilize the TV screen..

The screen resolution for my tv is 1366x768.. Which is not available in system preferences.. Any way i can change this so that the secondary screen shows that particular resolution?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

try connecting it thru the DVI > HDMI, VGA wont be much cop,
    goto display preferences and it should be there as an option for either " Screen mirroring " or just a 2nd screen,

3. Hikarikaze thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it shows the screen.. But the problem is to adjust the screen resolution on the TV (Secondary screen) to a screen resolution that isnt available to pick out of the list available..

Example for those available ones: 1280 x 1020 , 800 x 600
    The one i wanna change to : 1366 x 768 (Not among the list)

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

what MBP have you got?

i've got a late 07 with DVI and mine hooks up to a 32HD tele fine thru DVI, even kicking 1920x1280

*edit*

to change ya screen resolution on ya tele, when ya connect ya tele to ya MBP it should show up in the display preferences box, allowing you to bump the resolutions ;)

Attached Files:

5. Hikarikaze thread starter macrumors newbie

Mid 09,

Well, I got 1920x1280 among the list available.. But the TV gets only up to 1366x768 though..

So to fully ustilize the screen space I have to switch it to something close to that...

6. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

you need a mini DP then going to HDMI, VGA wont support HD resolutions, have a look about on ebay for a mini DP > HDMI convertor, am sure theyre not that pricey ;)

7. Hikarikaze thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright.. Will try that.. Will update this when I've tried it.. Thanks for the tip!

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Absolutely wrong! VGA supports every resolution that single-link DVI/HDMI does and more. You need a special piece of software to allow your computer to use the non-standard 1366x768 resolution.

Use this:

http://www.3dexpress.de/

9. Hikarikaze thread starter macrumors newbie