Change shipping address & lose place in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DADDYDC650, Sep 12, 2016.

1. DADDYDC650 macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

So I paid in full through apple.com and would like to change the shipping address on my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB matte black pre-order. If I do, will I lose my place in line? Last thing I want to do is go from 2-3 weeks to 1-2 months!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Why not contact Apple? Or why not contact Apple after it has shipped? I've heard some having success in changing the shipping address after the item has shipped and Apple being able to re-direct your package as they can contact UPS or Fedex for an exception to the rule. I guess YMMV.

I know that with Apple when they ship via Fedex you have the option to hold for pick up at your local fedex. I've been doing this all the time when apple ships me a device and always let's me hold for pick up even without the first attempt. Same goes for UPS when I use MyChoice and since I have it set up to have all my package automatically deliver to the closest UPS store. I never let any expansive item gets delivered to my home. Never.

3. DADDYDC650 thread starter macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

I finally got a hold of a rep via chat. He supposedly changed my address but have yet to see the change online. Hope he didn't mess anything up. Thanks for the reply.

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I've had success ordering via apple.com and then calling Apple to change the address during past iPhone releases, but I decided to order direct from AT&T this year because they now let you change the address during the order process. The website sucked on launch day, but I eventually got my order through, with a new shipping address, and delivery on launch day.

5. DADDYDC650, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

DADDYDC650 thread starter macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

Did your shipping address change immediately online after your request or did it take up to 24 hours?