Change size of preordered iPhone (Apple Online Store)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddington, Oct 9, 2011.

1. eddington macrumors newbie

Ordered a iPhone 4S 16GB Black (simfree) last friday on the UK Apple Online Store.
    I still managed to be in the "delivery by 14th of October" slot. Just a bit later it would change to "1-2 weeks" estimate.

However, I am realising that I actually should go for the 32GB version.
    Do you think there is a way to modify my order without loosing my "waitlist position", i.e. delivery on launch day?

My order is still being "processed", i.e. I could still cancel the whole thing..

What do you think would be the best to do?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you want to change your order, it will need to be canceled and re-ordered at this point. If you can wait the couple of weeks at this point, then get the one your want.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

No way to modify the order regards model. As already mentioned you would need to cancel your order and place a new one which would delay the availability and shipping dates.

4. eddington thread starter macrumors newbie

That was quick!

Thanks for your help. I cancelled my online order and will try my luck at my local Apple Store on launch day. (we're a little town so maybe I have chance..)

5. willsoriano macrumors member

I was wondering the same question myself, although I knew that I can't cancel from apple and reorder without changing my delivery date. My question is, how long do I have to trade in the store (not on launch day)? or is that even possible?