Change SMS Vibration Pattern/Length?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoneWolf121188, Aug 15, 2010.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know of an app (or which plist file to edit) to change the way the phone vibrates when you get a text message? I tend to never feel the phone vibrate in my pocket, so I'd like for it to vibrate longer and more...insistently, for lack of a better word. :D

Oh, and I know about Haptic Pro, but I was hoping there was a free app that only changed the vibration pattern/length for texts. Or even better, if someone could point me to which file to edit...

2. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Hi,

Hope this helps you out. I had the same problem.

If you go into:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/

and find SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist you can edit that. Be sure to make a backup copy just in case.

You want to find the Default key and underneath that area, change the OffDuration (interval between vibrations), OnDuration (how long it will vibrate for), and Total Duration (the total amount of time including the OffDuration and OnDuration).

I have mine set to vibrate 3 times, for 0.5 seconds each time, with a 0.2 second gap in between. This comes out to be a total duration of 2.1 seconds.

I've attached my edited plist file in case you want to take a look at it.

Good luck -- hope this was helpful! :)

Attached Files:

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder