Change the Apple in the Menubar

ashinyjade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
U.S.
Does anyone know of a way to JUST change the apple logo in the menubar?

I want to change it to this image:

I'm on Snow Leopard and have SnowTunes Noir installed, and I'm not a big fan of the Apple.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Short of manually replacing the resource in the system files, there's no way to change it AFAIK

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
No way to change it at all? But if the SnowTunes Noir theme changed it, then why can't I?
I'm the SnowTunes dev, so I can help you out. ;)

It's really easy.

Open SArtFile.bin with ThemePark 4 (you'll see it as an option "Edit SArtFile").
Then, locate images 61 and 62.

61 is the inactive logo
62 is when pressed, IIRC

Find the images you like, resize them to a similar size as the ones included, and you'll be ready to go. Like ST Noir, only with opaque mbar. :)

Hope this helps! Glad you're using the theme!

ashinyjade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
U.S.
I'm the SnowTunes dev, so I can help you out. ;)

It's really easy.

Open SArtFile.bin with ThemePark 4 (you'll see it as an option "Edit SArtFile").
Then, locate images 61 and 62.

61 is the inactive logo
62 is when pressed, IIRC

Find the images you like, resize them to a similar size as the ones included, and you'll be ready to go. Like ST Noir, only with opaque mbar. :)

Hope this helps! Glad you're using the theme!
Great thanks! Love the theme by the way (except for the apple logo :p)! You've really done a fantastic job with the iTunes greyish kinda marbley look. Looking forward to version 2!

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Great thanks! Love the theme by the way (except for the apple logo :p)! You've really done a fantastic job with the iTunes greyish kinda marbley look. Looking forward to version 2!
Thanks man haha, yeah, I get a feeling this will be what 10.7's gonna look like too, at least one can hope so I won't need to port it. :p

Version 2 might take a little longer than expected, got some finals right now and it's pretty hectic, haven't worked on the theme in days.
Good news is the 1st beta is pretty stable, the most important part of it is there and working (iLeopard), so now to touch it up and release it hopefully around Dec 11-15. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.