change the language of the dictionary.app ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weaponofchoice, Aug 30, 2007.

1. weaponofchoice macrumors newbie

Ok, here is the deal. I've got my mbp sr a couple of weeks ago, and so far so good. Well, there only something I want to be able to do. I got the keyboard in the spanish iso (I bought it in mexico) layout and I set the os language to english, that's because, even tough I live in México, I have always liked more the os and the programs in general in english.

Well, as you all know, the dictionary.app only has english (oxford) and it checks my grammar in english. And that's because I want to change the language of the dictionary to spanish. In that way I can check my spanish grammar as I write, and that would be great.

I've google it and searched inside mr forums and I haven't found anything that describes how to do it, so I'm wondering if this it's possible at all. Well, that's all, thanks guys.

2. officerdick macrumors regular

Dictonary is only english... Look for the mac port of Aspell, cocoAspel, it's opensource and supports alot of languages.