Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I actually like the new Pages, but I hate the orange icon on my dock. I liked that old ink well :eek: Is there any way to just go back to the old icon?

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I figured it out. If anybody's wondering, I just copied and pasted the icon from the old version of Pages to the new version, then removed it from the dock and dragged it back onto the dock.

Reactions: AnnaCody and arefbe

travisbrowning

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks for pointing that out to me...now I think it's ugly too haha.

It's weird, I've loved all the new icons in iOS and I thought I liked all the new ones making their way into OS X, but damn...Pages is a little ugly.

Reactions: AnnaCody

Makhosi

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2015
I figured it out. If anybody's wondering, I just copied and pasted the icon from the old version of Pages to the new version, then removed it from the dock and dragged it back onto the dock.

I'm sorry, is this a joke? Or can you actually do that?
thanks
Craig

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I'm sorry, is this a joke? Or can you actually do that?
thanks
Craig
You can actually do that. If I recall correctly, it involves right-clicking on the new Pages app icon, selecting "Get Info" then dragging and dropping the icon of the old Pages onto the icon preview area at the top of the "Get Info" window.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You can actually do that. If I recall correctly, it involves right-clicking on the new Pages app icon, selecting "Get Info" then dragging and dropping the icon of the old Pages onto the icon preview area at the top of the "Get Info" window.

I wonder if you can still do that running El Capitan 10.11.1? SIP prevents many system icons or folders from being changed but I don't know about Apple apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.