Change to iPod Touch Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vigilante, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I purchased my iPod Touch back in late September (the 22nd, I think). I always planned on sending it back 11 months after I got it to get the battery replaced under the warranty, so I read the entire warranty to make sure that this was feasible. It was at the time, the warranty stated that they would replace a batter that had less than 50% battery life at the one year mark.

I went to the Apple site (what a pain, might I tell you?) and I read the new updated warranty to see that they annotated a part saying that they will send you back a refurbished iPod Touch, not necessarily your own. This wasn't always the case... but I'm not too surprised I guess. The final kick in the balls was them saying that if they destroy your iPod Touch in the process, they do not cover the cost of a replacement-- just the price of whatever you sent it in for. So if they destroy my iPod Touch, I only get the $60 or so for a battery replacement back.

Lame.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So instead of sending it in, you take the iPod to a Genius, show them the battery life sucks and then they do an exchange for you.