Change user after sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by extanker59, Aug 15, 2009.

1. extanker59 macrumors newbie

I tried searching but this particular problem doesn't seem to be addressed.
    OK, when I leave my computer, I either put it to sleep or let it go to sleep on its own.
    My sister-in-law is down for an extended visit and I am letting her use my Mac. I, the administrator, made a new user for her. When she wakes the computer, it shows my name. It doesn't show the other users. If she types in her name in place of mine and her password it doesn't work. Just says wrong password or user name. I've triple checked that they are correct and tried to change users myself.
    How can we change users from sleep?
    Thanks
    Chris

2. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

I believe you need to log out before you put it to sleep, as only the logged in user can unlock the computer (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

This method lets you switch users, but only after you unlock the screen (enter the logged-on-account's password). You could turn off that account's password, so you don't need a password on wake from sleep, but that's a security risk.

3. extanker59 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, thanks for responding. I was afraid of that. No big deal just a tiny bit annoying. Still the best computer I've ever owned.
    Thanks
    Chris