change voicemail password?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vfab, Oct 22, 2011.

1. vfab macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. First-time poster and first time iphone user here!

I did a search and checked the FAQ (thank goodness I don't have a broken speaker, its just the mic) and I couldn't find an answer to my question so sorry if it has already been posted.

Is there someway to deactivate the "change voicemail password" option in the phone settings for the 4s? I was shocked that it does not ask me for the current password before it just changes the password. It just required me to submit the new password twice.

2. megapopular, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

megapopular macrumors 6502a

When I tried it...

It asked me for the current password, then it asked me to enter a new password twice. I input an incorrect current password, then it still allowed me to enter the new password twice... after hitting next, it then errors and says that the current password is incorrect.

So, did you go through the complete steps to change the vmail pword? I'm using iOS 5 on an iPhone 4S and that's how it worked. Which was normal per my logic.

3. vfab thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine does not ask me for the current password at all, which is what I want it to do. The first screen I get is "enter a new voicemail password". Then the second "re-enter new voicemail password". Final screen is "password saved".

4. megapopular macrumors 6502a

What verison software are you on? Also, is your visual voicemail set up yet? If so, that may be why your phone didn't ask for your current password yet.

5. vfab thread starter macrumors newbie

I am on iOS5 and yes the visual voicemail is set up.

I have never used visual voicemail before and usually just call in and am used to the recording asking me to give it my voicemail password before listening to voicemails. So can visual voicemail not be password protected?

6. megapopular macrumors 6502a

That's the problem!

If you call in, it doesn't allow the proper lock. If you set up the visual voicemail, then when you select the change password field it'll work the way I explained above.

7. vfab thread starter macrumors newbie