Change which device 2 factor codes appear on

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by thecounthahaha, Jan 8, 2017.

1. thecounthahaha macrumors regular

Hi,

I've had 2 factor authentication applied to my account and all devices as part of a recent update, and its working fine so far.

It's decided that my iPad is the device to send the code to though, rather than my iPhone which I would prefer - how do I change it so that my phone gets the code?

I don't always have my iPad with me, so it'd be hard to log in if I don't!!!

Thanks!

2. chabig macrumors 601

The codes are supposed to go to all of your trusted devices. The iPhone needs to be running at least iOS 9 though.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974

Even if you don't get the code on your iPhone, your iPhone can generate a code as long as it's running iOS 9 or later, and it's in your list of trusted devices.

3. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the link!

My iPhone is on the latest ios10 so it should be ok... it isn't showing though. Where do I go to see what device is 'trusted'?

4. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Me again, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to make my iPhone trusted?

Thanks!

5. bcave098 macrumors 6502a

bcave098

Go to Settings > iCloud and tap on your name. If your device is not trusted, it will ask you to sign in with a verification code, then it will be trusted.

6. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular