Change your number after registering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkee, Nov 7, 2007.

1. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I'm still waiting for my PAC code from Orange (who promised I'd have it by now) and was wondering if anyone knows if I'll be able to register my handset and then change my number once I've got my PAC code?

2. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Ok for all those who are wondering I have just called up O2 and they said you can just give them a call once you have your PAC code and they will transfer the number over! Yipee!

3. roblawton macrumors 6502

4. rjackman macrumors member

Thanks !

5. MacMonkee thread starter macrumors regular

MacMonkee

They didn't say 14 days to me. Just said whenever you get the PAC code just give them a call. Where did you get that from?

6. roblawton macrumors 6502

I work with o2/cpw and this is what we've been told.

It may be different with o2 direct if they've told you otherwise then it must be different.

7. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Good to know, I've ordered mine from Vodafone but doubt it'll arrive by Friday for the activation. The codes are valid for 30 days from the original carrier though.

8. BuxtonUK macrumors member

But it Has to be given to o2 within 14 days of registering the phone otherwise they won't be able to do it at all. No ifs, no buts.

9. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I called Orange today because my PAC code, that I requested last week, hadn't arrived. They texted it to me the very next minute after saying they'd had problems with their systems (i.e. too many people leaving them to get an iPhone...)